Prompt Eleven


I think with different mediums available to consume books it helps widen the audience. More people that say “they don’t like to read” can now listen to an audiobook on the go or at work. Just knowing the physical weight of a book can tell the reader how involved they will have to become with the book. Personally I don’t think it would change much because the information on the genre can be found in the book or audiobook summary. I think someone could find less information about a certain book from the physical book than the e-books or audiobooks. Making these changes to the font line spacing, and color of the text can be beneficial for people who find it difficult reading small texts. When it comes to the tone and pacing all of this can change with the how the narrator of an audiobook decides to read the text, which can change the meaning.
From my experience I found that this is where an audiobook either works or doesn’t for me. When trying to catch up with the Song of Ice and Fire series, I bought the audiobook, but it became too difficult to stay interested in the series because the narrator was so slow and monotone that it made me cancel any plans of finishing the audio version. Narrator choice is so important when purchasing an audiobook because their voice is going to be the voice that you will have to accept as the characters voice and if it doesn’t match up then it will be difficult to accept. I never liked music with audiobooks because it takes away from what I’m imagining. I did enjoy listening to the audiobook “The Divine Comedy: Inferno; Purgatorio; Paradiso” where it had realistic sound effects and multiple narrators, which made it more of a film for your ears.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts