Week Three Prompt Response

1. I am looking for a book by Laurell K. Hamilton. I just read the third book in the Anita Blake series and I can’t figure out which one comes next!
The book you are looking for is the Lunatic Café.

2. What have I read recently? Well, I just finished this great book by Barbara Kingsolver, Prodigal Summer. I really liked the way it was written, you know, the way she used language. I wouldn't mind something a bit faster paced though.
The novel The History of Bees by Maja has a thought-provoking tone and also can engage the reader to the point where it would be hard to put down the book.

3. I like reading books set in different countries. I just read one set in China, could you help me find one set in Japan? No, not modern – historical. I like it when the author describes it so much it feels like I was there!
The Child of Vengence by Kirk David is set in the 16th and 17th century Japan. It’s about a young boy’s tale of becoming a samurai after learning about the truth of his father’s passing.

4. I read this great mystery by Elizabeth George called Well-Schooled in Murder and I loved it. Then my dentist said that if I liked mysteries I would probably like John Sandford, but boy was he creepy I couldn't finish it! Do you have any suggestions?
I would recommend trying a mystery by Louise Penny called Still Life about a the murder of a supposedly well-loved women of the community, in a small town in Quebec. You will follow the novel from the detective Armand Gamache point of view.  

5. My husband has really gotten into zombies lately. He’s already read The Walking Dead and World War Z, is there anything else you can recommend?
He should try out Feed by Mira Grant, like World War Z it is also a story that takes place after a zombie apocalypse and follows 2 reports, 20 years later, trying to find the reason to the apocalypse.

6. I love books that get turned into movies, especially literary ones. Can you recommend some? Nothing too old, maybe just those from the last 5 years or so.
A recent book to movie is The Girl on the Train written by Paula Hawkins. It has won a few awards since its debut in 2015.

7. I love thrillers but I hate foul language and sex scenes. I want something clean and fast paced.
I would recommend Misery Loves Company by Rene Gutteridge. It is listed as a Christian Thriller and is also a fasted paced novel about a recent divorcee who runs into her favorite author one day and then wakes up in a strange place.


I usually find new books to read through podcasts that I am listening to. Sometimes I just find books that are recommend to me by thriftbooks or kindle after I finished buying or reading a book from those platforms. 

Comments

  1. Do you have any favorite podcasts? I usually alternate between podcasts and audiobooks when I've got the time for it and am always on the lookout for new ones to listen to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What resources did you use to find your answers? Your answers are spot on, but I'd like to see how you came to get those. Minor deduction for that, but overall good response!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts